The Cluster of Excellence "The Politics of Inequality"
Invites Your Contributions
Concerns about growing inequalities play a fundamental role in current debates on technological change, globalization and in particular the aftermath of the coronavirus pandemic.
When and how are inequalities perceived as a problem, and what can governments do to alleviate them? How do perceptions of inequality influence patterns of political participation? To what extent are structural inequalities shaped by policies?
The Cluster of Excellence ›The Politics of Inequality‹ aims to tackle these and similar questions concerning the political dimension of inequality in an international and interdisciplinary conference taking place in Konstanz, Germany, in the spring of 2022.
We invite contributions from scholars with a background in political science, sociology, economics, linguistics, education research, psychology and law who investigate the politics of inequality using different methodological approaches. We ask for submissions by researchers at all career levels and welcome early career researchers’ contributions.
Download the call here.
- Open: 01 October – 30 November 2021
- Submission: via online application form on conference website (see below)
- Required: extended abstract (max. 400 words)
- Costs covered: travel and accommodation for one presenter per paper
- Conference with personal attendance (select formats will be livestreamed)
- Talks in multiple moderated panels
- Public Talk by Steffen Mau (Humboldt University Berlin)
- Keynotes by Catherine de Vries (Bocconi University), Stefanie Stantcheva (Harvard University) and Jason Stanley (Yale University)
- Conference language: English