Digital Theme Week
The Theme Week will focus on current struggles around food, land and nature in Latin America. In the two workshops, scholars from Colombia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Spain, Germany and the USA will discuss questions of transnational interdependencies, emancipatory perspectives and social movements, as well as the issue of shrinking civic spaces.
18 October 2021: Keynote
- Tatiana Roa Avendaño (University of Amsterdam)
Comment by Federico Demaria (University of Barcelona)
20 October 2021: Workshop
- Laura María Gutiérrez Escobar (Pontifical Xavierian University Bogotá)
- Almut Schilling-Vacaflor (University of Osnabrück) and Jens Newig (Leuphana University Lüneburg)
- Renata Campos Motta (Free University of Berlin)
- Astrid Ulloa (National University of Colombia)
21 October 2021: Workshop
- Angela Alonso (University of São Paulo)
- Francisca Fernández Droguett (Movement for Water and Territories)
- Barbara Unmüßig (Heinrich Böll Foundation)
- Antônio Andrioli (Federal University of Fronteira Sul)
- Susan Paulson (University of Florida)
The event will be held in Spanish and English and will be simultaneously translated.
For the detailed program, please visit our event website.
Please register by sending an e-mail to: zukuenfte.der.nachhaltigkeit(at)uni-hamburg.de
Registered participants will receive the Zoom access details shortly before the Theme Week. Until then, we kindly ask for your patience.
Please feel free to forward this invitation and the attached Flyer to interested colleagues. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to our digital Theme Week!