BSA 70th Anniversary Virtual Conference
In these times of enormous challenges, I am reaching out a hand of friendship and support and to invite you to join us online for our special anniversary conference.
At present, our lives are restricted in ways that we could not have imagined a year ago. Many have endured a great deal personally and collectively since the onset of the pandemic and we have been starkly reminded that we are all connected in our globalized world. As sociologists and related academics, much of our normal activity has been greatly constrained - including attending conferences where we can debate the huge issues that currently confront us and where we go from here.
2021 marks the British Sociological Association›s 70th Anniversary and our annual conference will be virtual. The upside to going online is we have opened up the conference to colleagues across the world. Where previously distance and cost would have prevented attendance, now you can join us from wherever you are.
We have special rates for Category B countries to encourage greater participation (see below) and the conference content will be available for delegates to view for 30 days after the conference, so you can watch and re-watch sessions that you missed or loved at a time that suits you. We also have an exciting line-up of speakers and panels, special virtual spaces for professional networking and socialising as well as space for exhibitors.
Then we have plenary speakers:
We are also delighted to have two plenary panels this year:
- Austerity Panel: Akwugo Emejulu (University of Warwick), Kayleigh Garthwaite (University of Birmingham), Guy Standing (SOAS University of London), Wanda Wyporska (The Equality Trust), Sylvia Walby (City University of London, Chair)
- Environment Panel: Alice Mah (University of Warwick), Leon Sealey-Huggins (University of Warwick), Nigel South (University of Essex)
We think our speaker line-up is fantastic, however, let‹s not forget about the following benefits of attending our 70th anniversary conference:
- Gain new perspectives, techniques and insight from a unique blend of over 600 speakers.
- Expand your learning in other areas of sociological research by listening to thought-leaders from across the discipline.
- Be inspired by our exciting line-up of speakers and panels.
- Identify collaboration opportunities and build your professional network.
- Enhance your professional and personal development.
So, this is an open invitation to sociologists, associated academics and other interested parties across the world to join us this Spring to engage in a truly global conference. Join us to debate the many profound issues facing us all and how Sociology might play its part in shaping something better than a return to business as usual.
Early Bird Registration Rates:
- BSA Member and anyone (including non-members) in a Category B country: £99
- BSA Concessionary Member: £49
- Non Member: £199*
Early bird deadline: 28 February 2021.
* Rates are cheaper for members. Find out more about becoming a BSA Member.